We are still months away from summer, but now that winter is over, and spring has come, you might want to think about the clothes that you will wear during the summer season. Of course, we often skip the whole spring outfits and clothes choices, and our brains immediately go to the summer state-of-mind. Hence, here are some tips to get you prepared if by any chance the spring delivers us with high temperatures:
1. Lighter fabrics will be your best friend – it sounds quite simple, and perhaps one of the biggest mistakes you could make is to wear the same fabric as you would during winter. In the winter season, you can wear wool, tweed, and cashmere as much as you like, but in summer things need to be different. Invest in materials and fabrics such as fine cotton, seersucker, and breathable linen for this summer. You will not regret it, and it will mean that your winter clothes will be a thing of the past.
2. Invest in these shoes – during summer, you will need three pairs of shoes. The first one would be a good pair of loafers that have a light sole. It is a thing you will need to tie the whole summer look together. Online stores like Eweary have a wide range of loafers to choose from and they all have an affordable price. The second pair of shoes you might need is a pair of high-quality leather shoes (in a solid color like white or black), which will be perfect for a formal look. You should keep in mind that leather shoes need the right maintenance, so do not forget to take of them. The final pair that you might need is a lace-up in suede, which you can combine with a suit and a T-shirt, so the pair can be worn for various occasions.
3. Do not be afraid to let loose – although loose pants might be scary for a lot of people, they should not be. They are a great choice to loosen up and at the same time, look amazing. So, embrace the whole feeling of loose pants, and invest in some that have a little bit more space. Your legs will appreciate it during the hottest summer days.
4. Buy at least two pairs of good sunglasses – buying two pairs of sunglasses that are different will make any outfit look better. Sunglasses can be worn at any time, and it will not only protect your eyes from the Sun, but they will also tie the whole look together. Always try to buy glasses that will fit your face well, and you could go with neutral colors in order for them to work with any outfit combination you might choose.
5. Swap your purse with a cute basket bag – instead of carrying around a big bag you have worn for several months, you could lighten up your look by adding a straw basket bag. It will provide a joyous and lively tone to your summer clothes.
Do not forget to experiment with colors during the summer, especially lighter colors. It will make any outfit look fun and creative, and you will certainly light up the mood anywhere you go.