It seems like marijuana’s negative reputation is gradually fading away into a thick cloud of cannabis smelling smoke! Over recent history, there have been major studies showing the obvious physical and mental health benefits when consuming cannabis products.
People from all walks of life are using the substance nowadays. From professional athletes aiming to help them with their recovery, to grandmothers hoping to reduce aches and pains.
Lots of people like to grow marijuana these days. With laws surrounding the use of medical marijuana changing rapidly around the globe, it is no wonder so many people have decided to grow themselves. The internet has countless amounts of websites devoted to educating people on how to grow cannabis from home. You can easily find grow equipment and top quality seeds in traditional grow stores and on websites like https://amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com/seedshop-autoflowering-seeds.
There has never been a better time in history to grow marijuana. The problem that most people face is how to grow top quality cannabis and what strain to use to help you medically. It seems that everyone reacts differently when consuming cannabis, so if you are considering growing some plants, trying a few strains first to see what treats your condition before you invest your time and money.
What are the Health Benefits of Consuming Marijuana?
Although there has been plenty of attention around the benefits of cannabis in the media for the past few decades, people have been using cannabis to treat patients for over three thousand years. Even with its long history and obvious benefits, the Food and Drug Administration has not deemed the drug safe nor have they deemed it effective when treating medical conditions.
However, many believe that there are lots of health benefits that can help treat the following conditions:
- Chronic pain: Those suffering from chronic pain often get relief when consuming cannabis products. Other painkillers like opioids are known to be very addictive and can cause serious prolonged side effects.
- Weight loss: Marijuana can help make insulin flow properly, which can result in weight loss. The issue that some people face is the feeling of increased appetite. This is known as ‘the munchies’. To avoid gaining weight, replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Prevents cancer: People often use cannabis to treat cancer and eliminate the risk of getting cancer.
- Helps those suffering from depression: During the ongoing pandemic, statistics show worrying signs of an increased number of people suffering from depression and other mental health issues like anxiety. Cannabis can help lift a person’s mood, making them feel relaxed and stress-free.
- Autism: Often people suffering from autism can have some uncontrollable mood swings. Cannabis can help relax the individual by calming them down.
These are just a few examples of how consuming cannabis can treat certain conditions. If you are considering using marijuana products to treat a condition, make sure you seek guidance from a medical professional.
Are there any Downsides to Using Medical Marijuana?
There are plenty of people all around the world advocating for the legalization of marijuana products, however, there are also plenty of people fighting for the opposite. Although it’s hard for many people to understand why the substance is illegal, especially those who need marijuana to treat medical conditions, here are a few of the reasons why some consider the product should be banned:
- Short term memory loss: People who frequently use marijuana can suffer from short term memory loss.
- Accidents: Many people, whether it’s in a workplace or on the road, have had traces of THC found in their bloodstream after an accident. Driving while under the influence of marijuana is extremely illegal and has cost many people their lives.
- Addiction: Just like any other substance, marijuana is addictive. Often when people try to quit using cannabis, they suffer from increased levels of anxiety, paranoia, and insomnia which makes it difficult to stop.
- It’s illegal: At the moment, 11 states allow the sale and consumption of marijuana products for recreational purposes, while 35 states allow the sale of medicinal marijuana for patients carrying a medical marijuana card. In all the other states, cannabis is illegal. Although there have been many changes to the laws surrounding marijuana, not only in America but in countries all around the globe, it is still illegal in many areas. Those caught in possession of the substance can face lengthy fines, cautions and even jail sentences.
There are plenty of positive signs for people who want cannabis legalized, however, there is still a long way to go in certain areas.
Why are so many people Growing Marijuana these days?
It seems there is a large number of people growing marijuana over the past couple of years. There are many reasons why people have decided to grow their own cannabis plants such as:
- Something to do during the ongoing pandemic: Before Covid-19 spread all over the world, many of us felt there were not enough hours in the day. Commuting in traffic, working long hours, spending time with the family, exercising, etc. made it difficult to have the time to grow marijuana. However, with experts warning us to stay indoors to help reduce the spread of the virus, more people have plenty of free time on their hands. Instead of wasting time, many people decided to do something positive with their free time, and learning how to grow marijuana has become a popular option.
- Save money: Many people spend a vast amount of cash in their local dispensary purchasing cannabis products on a regular basis. After the initial investment, growing marijuana can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- In complete control: When you purchase cannabis products from an online or physical cannabis store, you are never completely sure what you are getting. Although employees at the store might have an educated answer for you, you can never be 100%. Growing your own weed, using quality cannabis seeds from trusted retailers such as Zamnesia, will put you in complete control, so you know exactly what fertilizers, nutrients, strains, etc. that are being used.
If you are thinking about growing marijuana, whether it’s indoors or outdoors, there is plenty of information on web pages and content uploaded to streaming sites like YouTube to help you understand the journey.