When taking part in races, you are always left with a number of bibs and sometimes, medals as souvenirs. Instead of throwing them away or keeping them in a drawer somewhere, you can opt for making something where you can display all your bibs and medals. In this article, you will be able to read about the best ways to display your race bibs. Let’s take a look:
Create a Decoration for You Wall
There are various ways that you can display your bibs on your wall, however, you will need to stop by the craft shop to get the necessary materials. Let’s take a look at some ideas for wall decoration:
1. You can opt for a simple display and for it, you will need a wooden panel that you can paint in any color, chalk, clips, and several knobs. Start with painting the panel and placing the knobs at the bottom of the panel. Once it is dry, you will have to glue the clips on the panel which will hold the bibs. You can hang your medals on the knobs, as well as add a quote to finish the display.
2. If you want something simpler, you can get a decorated panel at a craft shop, glue the clips on it, and simply hang your bibs on it.
3. According to the experts from GS-JJ.com that specialize in making custom race medals, you can also use a string or a piece of wire to hang the bibs on. It is quite easy and people can easily flip through them all.
4. Another great idea is to buy a chalkboard and add some hooks at the bottom and middle of it. Use the middle hooks to display your bibs, the bottom ones to hang your medals, and you can add inspirational quotes or your goals at the top of the chalkboard.
5. For this idea, you will need a curtain rod and a picture frame. Frame your bubs and hand the curtain rod above it. You can use the rod to hang your medals.
6. If you want a combination of a frame and shelf, you can buy a shadowbox. It will allow you to display your bibs, as well as your medals.
Turn the Bibs into Bags!
One of the most creative ideas out there is to turn your race bibs into bags or shirts. There are various companies that will do this for you, hence, you can carry or wear your bibs. However, if you are crafty enough, you can figure out how to do this by yourself.
Make a Scrapbook from the Bibs
This is perhaps the most fun idea in this article. You can choose to create a scrapbook where you will glue your race bibs. You can also add print out of the registration forms, maps of the route, and pictures from that day. This can be an interesting keepsake and you can arrange them by the year and see your accomplishments and progress during your running career. Also, one day, you might want to inspire your children and you can do just that with a scrapbook of your accomplishments.
As you can see, these are some creative ways to display your racing bibs. You can create them by yourself or buy them at offline and online stores. Hence, do not waste any more time and get creative.